Grants are available from the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and University College to support travel to conferences. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to the start of the conference. Student must be enrolled in the Camden College of Arts and Sciences or University College–Camden at the time of their attendance of the conference.
- Complete the application on DocuSign here. Once your faculty mentor and the department chair have signed, you will receive a copy. Please note, final approval comes from the Associate Dean. You will be notified separately if you have received a grant.
- A version of this application is available for you to review (Click here to download review PDF). This version is not for final application. Use the DocuSign link above to apply.
- Download Application Instructions and Checklist for your use and reference (Click here to download Instructions and Checklist PDF).
Applicants should include:
- The signature page;
- The application form;
- If presenting, an abstract of your research; if not presenting, a statement describing how the conference will benefit your academic experience (no more than 300 words);
- Documentation of acceptance for the conference (if applicable);
- A copy of your transcript (an unofficial copy will suffice);
- A letter of support from the faculty member with whom you are working; and
- A detailed budget explaining how funds will be used (the maximum amount available is $750).
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Research and Funding Committee.
If awarded, you will receive specific instructions on how to work with your departmental support staff to charge expenses. Do not charge expenses prior to receiving the grant, as they will not be reimbursed.
Students who receive the Dean’s Undergraduate Research Grant are required to present their research at the annual Celebration of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity (CURCA), which will be held on Thursday, April 18, 2024.