- Arts and Sciences Dean’s Undergraduate Conference Travel Fund Application
Accepted on a rolling basis.
- Arts and Sciences Dean’s Undergraduate Research Fund Application
2016-2017 application deadlines: April 26, 2017
- The Sandy Stewart Undergraduate Research Grant will be awarded to three rising non-pre-med senior students showing exceptional promise for a career in biological and chemical research. All applicants must have completed two semesters of undergraduate research (120:491 and 120:492) and receive a letter of recommendation from their research mentor.
Awardees will be required to spend two semesters in their research lab, register for the Biology Honor’s Thesis course (Biology 493 and 494), as well as present a seminar in the Biology Department seminar series during the spring semester.
The Sandy Stewart Undergraduate Research Grant will provide a $1,000 stipend to the selected students and $583 to the recipients’ faculty mentors for research supplies.
- Research proposal: Please describe the research aims for a year-long project as well as a summary of research performed to-date.
- Career objectives: Describe how this award will support your future plans for graduate school and a career in research.
- Letter of Recommendation: Provide a letter of support from your research mentor.
Completed applications should be submitted electronically as an email attachment to the Director of the Undergraduate Biology Program. The subject line should read, “Sandy Stewart Undergraduate Research Grant.”