Effective immediately, all official business travel * that is submitted for reimbursement must be pre-approved by the traveler’s dean, director, or department head.
- Before you travel, download the Pre-Approval Travel Expense Request form (PDF) and either fill it out electronically then print or print and then fill out by hand.
- The pre approval travel form must be completed and submitted for approval to your departmental secretary before travel arrangements are initiated.
- The departmental secretary will fill in the general ledger/project string and forward to the Departmental Chair and the Business Office for approval.
- Be sure to submit your form as soon as possible from the date of your trip to ensure that there are no delays on your travel arrangements and reimbursement.
- The approved form has to be attached to expense report for official business trips.
- RU faculty and staff travelers who travel to international destinations on university business must register through the online Faculty and Staff International Travel Registration
- Note that all purchases of goods and services should be handled through RU MarketPlace. If a vendor is not already a supplier in MarketPlace, ask your departmental secretary to contact the company to see if they will accept a purchase order. If they do, the departmental secretary will set them up in RU Marketplace.
*Official business travel is defined as travel over 100 miles from the traveler’s place of residence or official work site.